General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The new laws for protecting personal data come into force on 25th May 2018 (see https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/data-protection-reform/overview-of-the-gdpr/). GDPR, will be enforced in the UK in a new data protection law prior to the May deadline.
In order to comply with GDPR, Careers for Schools is already working with Data Protection Education, a specialist in GDPR for the schools sector on our GDPR project. This project includes:
- Documenting our processing activity
- Auditing this processing and identifying and creating an action plan to mitigate any risks to personal data
- Gaining statements of compliance from our third-party partners
- Ensuring that we have processes and systems in place to ensure the rights of data subjects
- Training staff on GDPR and our data handling procedures
- Reviewing all contracts to ensure compliance with GDPR
We take our responsibility as custodians of your data very seriously and embrace the opportunities GDPR provides to improve what we do with your data.